What Makes Us Different
Front row: David B. Richardson, David J. Solimine, Sr., Joel C. Solimine, David J. Solimine, Jr.
Back Row: John E. Sullivan, Lisa M. Smith, Brian M. Field, Michael W. Phelps, Mary R. Aveni
As a full-service funeral company, Solimine Funeral Homes provide a complete range of services. We are ready to respond around the clock, 365 days a year. From traditional funerals followed by burial or cremation to the simplest ceremonies, we are able to assist you with any and all funeral and memorial decisions.
Informed people make wise decisions, therefore funeral arrangements are conducted with candid discussion about costs, financial ability and the meaning and value of your choices.
IT’S AMAZING HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE ONE CALL CAN MAKE!
What Makes Us Different?
Just as no two families are alike, so also, no two funerals are alike. Our goal is to help you design a ceremony which reflects the life of your family member and your personal wishes. This means offering choices, honoring one’s beliefs, and the willingness to go the “extra mile”. We take the time to personalize the memorial experience so it has lasting meaning and value.
Committed, Knowledgeable, Experienced, Professional
- We are owned and managed by 3 generations of the Solimine Family. Our Family’s commitment to the families we serve is well known. As owners, we answer to you and not to outside investors on Wall Street. You know who we are, we live here, we are engaged and accessible. Being worthy of your trust is paramount to us.
- We have a staff of Funeral Directors that is second to none. We are proud of our staff and the commitment they have to the families we serve as well as our community at large. Our Funeral Directors are also proud of where they work, their longevity with us confirms this. Our staff is deeply rooted in our community. Unlike other firms, we are proud to include our Funeral Directors on this web site.
- When you call us, the Solimine Family and our staff are here to serve you. We are not part of a huge chain that rotates staff coverage from town to town. When a death occurs, regardless of the time of day or night, it is one of us that you will see.
- We maintain a teamwork approach geared to anticipating your needs, exceeding your expectations, and creating meaningful memories. We are compassionate, caring and conscientious, with a deep commitment to those we serve.
- We maintain an attitude of open-mindedness and flexibility to embrace the uniqueness of each family, and the choices and preferences of our diverse clientele.
- We are well versed in local customs, protocols and rituals of the broad variety of religious and ethnic groups.
- We respect and are open toward all creeds, races and lifestyles.
- We maintain a positive working relationship with all communities of faith, hospices, medical institutions, cemeteries, military and veterans organizations.
- Our staff complements their skills with advanced training in customer care and professional funeral service practice.
- Active in the civic affairs of our communities, our commitment is to set the standard for “giving back”. We gladly contribute our time, talent and resources.
Excellence, Thoughtfulness, Meaningful
- As a full-service firm, we are “one stop”, able to look after all details of memorial planning. We are the preferred choice because of our many specialized services, including out-of-town or international transfers.
- We’re innovative, and we take the time to create experiences that are meaningful for both family and community.
- We are open and transparent about our pricing. We post pricing for our service packages and merchandise on our web site for you to review in the privacy of your home. We are the only local funeral service provider to do so.
- Your loved one stays with us at OUR facility the entire time and is cared for by OUR staff. You will know where your loved one is at all times. Chain/conglomerate funeral homes often use out of town shared preparation facilities and do not always disclose this.
- We can also help you in arranging for flowers, catering, choice of cemetery property, and monuments and marker selections to lighten the burden of tasks associated with memorial arrangements.
- For families choosing cremation, we offer our Cremation with Confidence Guarantee.
- Our service is ongoing. Aftercare follow-up includes assistance with life insurance and other benefits, bereavement care referrals, and practical assistance with issues relating to estate settlement. When you call us, you speak with us, not a national help line.
- Our commitment to our community includes providing our services at no cost to families experiencing the loss of an infant or child.
Comfortable, Spacious, Accommodating
- Our Funeral Homes are thoughtfully designed, pleasant, spacious and comfortable for large or small, informal or formal gatherings. We continuously upgrade and improve our buildings.
- Our Funeral Homes are handicapped accessible with everyone able to enter through the front door. There is no need to find a side or rear ramp.
- Our Funeral Homes are located on well-traveled routes with easy directions for your family and friends visiting from out of town. We are able to offer a choice of 2 locations to accommodate your wishes.
- Comfortably furnished and well lit, we have the flexibility to move furnishings to accommodate family requests. We also welcome special family items to be displayed at services.
- Our state of the art preparation and embalming facilities are located at our Broadway location. We are also equipped with refrigeration to accommodate families who wish to choose services without embalming.
We enable people to “say goodbye” with sensitivity and meaning. Giving more than expected, and responding to the needs and circumstances of every family, is what sets us apart. Just ask the people we serve.